Raise the commercial awareness of your team as part of their Continuing Competence.
The legal market has become significantly more complex and competitive over the last decade. The Law Society report “The Future of Legal Services” (Jan’16) identified the need for all lawyers to expand their skill base beyond technical legal knowledge to encompass business management and a better understanding of commercial risks.
A greater understanding of the business will improve financial performance; promote team work and client care and contribute to succession planning.
I can help you identify & plan your training requirements.
I can provide sessions covering the following topics:
- Legal process pipeline – from business development to collecting the cash
- The Management of Lock-Up – Work in Progress & Debtors
- Understanding financial accounts – difference between cash & profit
- The legal market – the current state of play & where your firm sits
I can contribute to improving the outcomes from your leadership team’s strategy day or off site planning meetings by
- Assisting in setting the agenda
- Managing the sessions, keeping them on track & to time
- Providing an external perspective/independent voice
- Suggesting external contributors
- Following up on decisions made